Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Best UTV for money?

12K views 48 replies 25 participants last post by  Gamegetter 
#1 ·
I'm thinking very seriously of getting a side by side/bench seat style of UTV. What in your experience is the best brand for the money? Can a decent one be bought for under $10,000?

#5 ·
I'm picking up a new mid size ranger 570 tomorrow. Base price was $8600. With windshield & top cover, it was $9400. If ya wanna run to Tenn to pick one up, talk to Rob. He knows of a place down there that the same bike was low $8k.

#6 ·
Buy used.....that's my advice. Ask me about trucks and cars and I'll give ya the same advice. Learn all ya can from the previous owner about how the machine was cared for and what it was used for, take it for a spin...look it over....do your best to pick one that is in good used condition. I wouldn't be a bit afraid of anything with a Kawasawki or Honda motor regardless of age provided it has been taken care of.

#9 ·
I'm picking up a new mid size ranger 570 tomorrow. Base price was $8600. With windshield & top cover, it was $9400. If ya wanna run to Tenn to pick one up, talk to Rob. He knows of a place down there that the same bike was low $8k.
Prolly referring to Abernathy's???

Local dealers here in the STL love it when you print out their quote. :D

#11 ·
I have a 2014 midsize 570 Ranger and it has 4800 trouble free miles on it so far. Sits 3 adults kinda tight but I like the smaller size and it has plenty of power and will run 50 mph on the road if a fella needs to, and that is fast enough.

#12 ·
Where you getting yours from?

#15 ·
Hilkemeyers in Freeburg got the Honda line from the 500 all the way up to the New 1000. They have BMS ranch Pony 500 for 6999 and the 600 is 7999. When I finally do buy one it will be from them.

#16 ·
I think I'd drive over to Salem Illinois and get one of these. Larrys in Jeff City has them at MSRP and they will not deal. I'm sure $6,520 doesn't cover windshield and roof, but they've got it in the picture. Put the screws to them and get it at a discount.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/snd/5568636133.html
Trouble with the 610 mule is max speed is like 25 mph. I've got one & it's slower than molassses if you're trying to get somewhere. Plenty fast if you're just tooling around through the timber & mine's been an absolute work horse, just slow.

#17 ·
I've had my Kawasaki Mule since 1999. It has a much lower bed for easier loading. With the diff-lock in....it will climb a telephone pole. Top end speed on mine...about 20mph. Not a road machine but it will climb a serious hill with three deer and four hunters....plus some gear!

FYI

Bob

#18 ·
If you're wanting the bench seat, which was a must for me, your options get pretty limited. The Rangers and Mules are the only bigger brands that offer them I believe. The new Mule Pro FXT is a slick looking machine and a lot of Ranger guys are going that route now. Not cheap though.

#22 ·
Sold my Kodiak 450, so I guess I've gotta get the replacement UTV soon. I will definitely look into the 570 Polaris, and will also try to compare them with some of the other UTVs mentioned. Thanks to all for the input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.