Anyone have foot pain

Discussion in 'Hunting With A Disability' started by mrtrailcam1, Dec 10, 2015.

1. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Does this pain feel like your bones are trying to come out your heel?? If so I have had a couple of flare ups with that. Its brutal at first but usually walks off.

2. MJO21

MJO21 Active Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Union, MO
    Soup can in the freezer...sit in your favorite chair and roll the cold can back and forth.

3. Lurch

Lurch New Member

Dec 4, 2015
    I had a dvt blood clot in my left leg back in 2013. My toes hurt some still but not my heal. My guess would be your doctor is correct. Good luck!

4. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

I doubt it will happen ,, but just in case. If you invite me over for supper please don't serve soup. :D

5. mrtrailcam1

mrtrailcam1 New Member

Jun 2, 2012
    It feels like a tootsie roll just in front of my heel bone sideways and its on fire,flares up real bad after I drive for a while.
    Walked a mile with a tree stand on my back last night and flared up while sitting on stand.

6. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Active Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    I have one Leg that has such Poor Circulation they wanted to amputate it. Had Blood Clots, they put me on Blood Thinners, took me off for awhile, had Blood Clots again, now on Blood Thinners rest of my life.

I also have Degenerative Bone Disease in my Upper and Lower Spine. Which puts me down if I decide to push it because of Pinched Nerves.

Main thing with Blood Clots don't be setting too long in one place, I know hard if hunting, I found using a Stool to set on helps me.

Probably no help but still wish you the best.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin is wondering if being Spaded will hurt her walking?

7. gurgalunas

gurgalunas Active Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Platte City
    I had this for awhile years ago. Got it from wearing crappy boots with no support. I upgraded the boots, wore running shoes all the,rest of the time, and it went away. Never go without supportive shoes until after the problem goes away.

I never saw a Dr about it though. Just my experience.

8. mrtrailcam1

mrtrailcam1 New Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Went sat a bought some new walking shoes and some planters inserts for them, been rolling my foot on frozen water bottle a couple times a day now also doing streaches. I need this to go away quick so I can get a deer down and enjoy the outdoors before the next doc gets me bent over and that's just next week

9. sharps4590

sharps4590 Active Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Northern Ozarks
    I've had it, hurts like the devil. Walked with a cane for about a month. These don't work for everyone but by the same token they do work for a lot of people. It's what I used and I would bet that for 90% of the people I told about it, it worked for them. I don't believe I wore it at night for an entire month. For less than $30.00 it might be worth a shot and it sure beat anything the doctors were telling me. It's been probably 5 years ago and now I only wear it maybe 2-3 times a year. Plantar Faciitis is weird stuff the way it effects different folks.

http://www.amazon.com/Plantar-Fasci...50719536&sr=8-2&keywords=plantar+facitis+boot

10. UrbanHunter

UrbanHunter Active Member

He may mean by military surgeons... honest.
    I don't know how much I'd pay out of pocket to get out of pain, but it's a lot. Hope I never have to find out what my limit is.

11. flocked

flocked Member

Mar 28, 2009
    missouri
  12. wiser1

wiser1 Trash Picker

Apr 15, 2013
    Jefferson county
    go to a good foot podiatrist doc ,,,,,,,,,,,,get inserts and then some cortisone shots

13. Meller

Meller Active Member

Sep 5, 2008
    X2 can't go without them

14. BustinBucks

BustinBucks #MakeMWTGreatAgain

Jul 31, 2006
    Eagleville, MO
    I have foot pain

15. Tracer2

Tracer2 New Member

Mar 13, 2017
    Ozark, Moutains
    I have had my share of footpain over the years! Now my wife started having pain a couple of weeks ago and I told her to try getting some of those Dr. Scholes inserts for staters with a little "arch-support" for her problems.

She said she made an appointment to see the foot doctor...OK fine. Well the doctor gave her a script for the very same thing I told her to purchase over 2 weeks prior. It has helped her pain (gone) and she is also walking better.

I walk around in Dr. Scholes shoes and put an additional insert (sort-gel) in the shoes. It works like a magic wond for this old timer.;) I try to walk at least 3 times a week up and down these Ozark mountains, (inserts in Redwing Boots) with a 45lb pack on my back and carry an old shotgun too. I usually do around 4 miles a trip.

16. BustinBucks

BustinBucks #MakeMWTGreatAgain

Jul 31, 2006
    Eagleville, MO
    Still having foot pain.

17. dw84

dw84 Junior Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Lincoln co.
    Red wing shoes and good arch supports !!! It usually takes. 2to 3 weeks for it to go away. I'm talking from experience. It's happened to me about 3 times and it's when my shoes breaks down and I get away from the red wings. Now I just stay with what works , no more problems.