Anyone have foot pain

Discussion in 'Hunting With A Disability' started by mrtrailcam1, Dec 10, 2015.

1. mrtrailcam1

mrtrailcam1 New Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Just got the blood clot out of my leg and off the heavy blood thinners so I have been walking 1-2 miles a day plus bow hunting a few eve hunts a week and now I have horrible heel pain and the doc says I have planters fasciitis , ice and stretching. Can't f/n believe this year.
    Any help ?

2. HomebrewDad

HomebrewDad Active Member

Mar 20, 2014
    I got the same thing and your doc is right on. Stretching and ice. Try stretching with a towel first thing when you wake up in the morning. Wrap it around your feet and pull toward you. Mornings are always the worst for me when it flares up. Also try some heel cups for padding in your shoes. You can find them at Target or Wal-Mart.

Might want to get your acid levels tested for gout also. Similar symptoms. I have both and neither are fun. Good luck. Hope you feel better!

3. Muleskinner

Muleskinner Active Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Osage County
    I have had that stretching before you get out of bed helps . But in the end a cortisone shot fixed it.

4. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013
    Did your Dr. rule out the possibility of another clot?

You might consider some physical therapy a couple times a week . You can learn the correct exercises and how to correctly preform them. Plus the pre and post therapy after your session always feels really good. Might also consider some orthotics . See a foot doc on the orthotics though. Need to make sure that they are the correct orthotic.

5. mrtrailcam1

mrtrailcam1 New Member

Jun 2, 2012
    First ten steps in the morning are brutal.

6. Muleskinner

Nov 24, 2006
    Osage County
    Lot of times I would almost hit the floor.

7. mrtrailcam1

mrtrailcam1 New Member

Jun 2, 2012
    They have me starting physical therapy so far two doctors have not even taken a X-ray which boggles the mind. It's in my other leg from the clot.

8. Hooks

Hooks Active Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Down the bayou
    Yep. I know exactly what you fellas are talking about, and my doctor wasn't much help. I had pretty much just resigned myself to having to deal with it until I spoke with my Dad about it and he went into his room and came out with a pad to put in my shoe.
    That was about two and a half weeks ago and I have not had my foot hurt at all during that time. I thought he was jits, hit I am now convinced.
    It has some pressure point knobs in the front and also in the heel.

9. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013
    As long as they are aware and have seen you regarding this new onset of pain. Did they run a doppler on your foot/upper leg?

Good deal on the PT.

You might be high risk for developing blood clots in the future. If your planning a trip, long drive and esp. a flight. I would let your Dr. know. He might want to treat you or pre-medicate you prior to your travel.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  10. Fuldraw

Fuldraw Fuldraw

Dec 8, 2013
    I tried a chiropractor , went to a foot doctor I had the shots, the electric stimulation, special orthotics tried different shoes
    But nothing worked tried for about 3 yrs the pain su!ked.
    End up going to Good Feet with in weeks I was walking fine and after a couple of years I don't need the inserts any more my feet still get sore if I wear tennis shoes or flexible sole shoes and walking all day but they don't hurt.

It did help in the morning by flexing my feet before I get out of bed and a hot shower before I try and go down the steps back then other wise I looked like a little old man trying to walk

11. Hooks

Hooks Active Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Down the bayou
    Here's what the insert looks like.

Attached Files:

12. GTOHunter

GTOHunter Active Member

I had something similar to You with the Pain in my heel also,I did the stretching exercises and soaking in ice but it didn't help.I kept asking for the Doc to take an X-Ray but they kept trying different things....I tried different shoes,inserts,etc,They even froze my heel then ran a nice longggggggg needle thru the side of it and shot it with Cortizone I guess that's what it was?Any ways talk about trying Not to wet Your pants :eek: that hurt like all get out! :whinging:

They finally took an X-Ray and said it was only a few Heel Spurs.....yeah right,that's what the main problem was and after at least a good 12 months it quit hurting so darn bad!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  13. flatlander_

flatlander_ Really? Show me. .

Nov 14, 2014
    Barton County
    My wife had the same problem for a couple years tried everything from high dollar shoes, inserts, to a fancy boot she wore to bed at night. None of it worked she finally had to have surgery to fix it.

14. manitou1

manitou1 Active Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Truman Lake
    Been suffering with it for two years. Brutal. Tried 3 cortisone shots now, a multitude of expensive inserts, prescription meds, ice, night boots, exercises and stretching... nada. Now i have a pinch nerved in the same foot (ankle) and they wanna do two surgeries to repair these issues. They confirmed nerve and muscle damage. Flight doc at the installations is telling me not to do the surgeries. In pain 24-7. I hate this!

15. yankee

yankee Senior Member

i have moderate to severe nerve pain in my feet only way i can describe it is on it's worse days it feel like i have 2 sharpie markers in my shoes 1 across the ball and 1 across the arch, and then on top of that a bic lighter held to the bottom of my feet..

Diet,Exercise im now at a weight loss of 26lbs, started at 278 and im a fuzz under 252 according to scales in my shipping office, need to care for your feet and a good open communication with your foot DR is a good place to start as any

16. concordia__hunter

concordia__hunter Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Concordia, MO
    I can honestly say that plantar fasciitis was some of the worst pain I've had. I feel sorry for you man. Hope you recover soon.

17. 421sd

421sd Part-time malcontent

Dec 23, 2012
    Ozarks Plateau
    I gots the rheumatisms. It's gotten a little better the past couple of years though. Aspercreme is my friend.

18. mrtrailcam1

mrtrailcam1 New Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Going for some inserts tonight maybe even some shoes, first therapy next week. Ice feels good rolled over frozen water bottle.

19. Muleskinner

Nov 24, 2006
    Osage County
    These are the ones I use since I had shots ImageUploadedByMissouri Hunting1449874047.831375.jpg

20. DougC

DougC Active Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Independence
    I hear 'em talk about the Good Feet store on the radio here in the KC area-they specialize in this sort of thing.