Missouri Whitetails > Archery > Archery Equipment > Hoyts $2,000 Dollar Bare Bow

Old 10-25-2009, 01:35 AM   #1
KixGrizz

Send a message via Yahoo to KixGrizz
Default Hoyts $2,000 Dollar Bare Bow

SO im sure all of you have heard of the new Hoyt Carbon Matrix.. Well the price on it is outrageous!!! Im a huge Hoyt fan but geese!!!!!

http://www.abbeyarchery.com.au/p/HYCM/Hoyt+Carbon+Matrix+Camo.html

Suggested MSRP from Hoyt is $1,600 dollars!! My lands, who can afford this thing!!!

Old 10-25-2009, 01:37 AM   #2
ducks1

looks neat ,but really thats a high price tag. it will sell though people pay more for guns. imho

Old 10-25-2009, 01:38 AM   #3
hun10

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Im sure some nut will buy it just cause it costs a lot and thinks it will make him/her look good in the woods. Like its a frigin fashion show or something.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:39 AM   #4
KixGrizz

I dont think that I have ever seen a bow priced that high!! Thats ridiculously insane.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:43 AM   #5
SHEDHEAD

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Wow...It says it can withstand 1,000 dry fires.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:47 AM   #6
hun10

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I would have to see it to believe it.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:55 AM   #7
henry
Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Liked 705 Times on 486 Posts

I'm sure I will own one.

of course it will be 10 years old when I do

Old 10-25-2009, 02:00 AM   #8
KixGrizz

Quote:
I would have to see it to believe it.

LOL Yeah me too!! Considering the fact the bow comes with 8 different warnings from Hoyt-----

CARBON MATRIX SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS AND INFORMATION:

1) Composite constructed components, such as the Carbon Matrix bow riser, may show small surface separations in the paint and/or top surface layer of the construction. This is a typical composite condition which may become more visible as the bow is used over time. These small separations are considered normal and non- structural provided that they are under 1/8 inch in length and less than 1/32 inch wide at its widest location. These are typically not fractures or breaks in the carbon fibers themselves and do not represent a struc- tural failure.
For separations that are larger than 1/8 inch in length and/ or wider than 1/32 inch wide, the bow should be returned to Hoyt for inspection and test- ing. (See warranty information for instructions on returning product to Hoyt). If the bow is found to have a structural failure, the riser will be repaired or replaced under the normal conditions of Hoyt’s Limited Lifetime Warranty. If the bow has no structural failure, the bow will be returned and can resume normal use.

2) Extreme care should be taken to avoid impact damage to the Carbon Matrix riser.
The Carbon Matrix is designed to withstand high stress flexing and high stress loading that would be associated with normal use and function of the bow.
However, in general, composite structures do not with- stand high load impact such as being dropped from a tree, or by having some other object impact the structure. In the event that your bow does encounter a surface impact, you must carefully inspect the riser for damage.
If impacted, inspect the area for visible broken fibers, multitude of separation cracks, cracking that appears to resemble a spider-web, dented surface, or a soft flexible surface at the impact point. If any of the above conditions are apparent or suspect, the bow should be considered damaged and should not be used any further.
In the event that the bow was exposed to an impact and damage is evident as described above, you can return the bow to Hoyt for an evaluation. (See warranty informa- tion for instructions on returning product to Hoyt). If the riser is determined to be damaged and not fit for use, Hoyt may offer a replacement of damaged components at the owner’s expense. Damage, including impact damage, caused accidentally, from misuse of the product, or from use not associated with normal archery practices, is NOT covered under the Hoyt Limited Lifetime warranty.

3) The Carbon Matrix riser, or any other component of any Hoyt bow, should not be modified in any way. Drilling holes, cutting, filing, sanding, or other forms of physical modifications to any Hoyt bow or component will dam- age the bow and could possibly cause harm or injury to the owner or bystanders. Any modification to any bow or component will immediately void any and all warranty for the bow and/or component.

4) The Carbon Matrix riser is completed using various aluminum components that are either attached by adhe- sive or by mechanical fasteners such as screws to the exterior of the riser. Any attempt to remove any of the aluminum factory attached components will immediately void any and all warranty for the bow and/or components. Do not attempt to remove or adjust the security screws attaching the stabilizer mount or the sight/arrow rest mounting insert.

5) Care should be given to not expose the Carbon Matrix bow to any solvents, lubricants, or other substances that contain silicone as the structure could be weakened.

6) Care should be given to not expose the Carbon Matrix to extreme heat, flame, or other adverse conditions that could possibly damage the bow.

7) The Carbon Matrix comes with a factory installed wood grip. The grip is attached to the carbon riser using glue or other means of adhering the grip to the riser. The grip is not intended to be removed. Any damage caused to the grip or the riser due to removal will immediately void the warranty for the damaged part.

8) Composite constructed components, such as the Carbon Matrix bow riser, may exhibit a creaking sound during the first few shots when the bow is new. This creaking sound could come and go for the first few 100 shots. This is a normal condition for Composite struc- tures and is not a structural failure.
If the Carbon Matrix has been stored for a prolonged period of time without being used (several weeks at a time), the bow may exhibit creaking sound again for the first few shots. This is a normal condition for composite structures and is not a structural failure.:

Old 10-25-2009, 02:01 AM   #9
Manager

even at that price it is no mathews

Old 10-25-2009, 02:01 AM   #10
KixGrizz

Quote:
I'm sure I will own one.

of course it will be 10 years old when I do

Thats about the time I could afford one too!!!