Missouri Whitetails > Gear, Gadgets & Gizmos > Product Reviews > Side by Side ATVs

Old 10-20-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
Country

Default Side by Side ATVs

Whos got a "side by side" what brand and model and what is your opinion of it. I'd sure like to get something like that but there are a lot of options now a days everyone is building them.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:24 PM   #2
Big L

Liked 169 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Been doin a lot of research myself,still leaning towards the Rhino.I will be keepin an eye on this

Old 10-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
DeereMan

If you can wait a little longer. John Deere is going to be coming out with a few machines that are more sporty.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #4
Meller

Liked 347 Times on 228 Posts
Likes Given: 347

Last years john deers are pretty nice, A far cry from the original gator

Old 10-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #5
pinwheel
Jenny's Lackey
MWT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1028 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 138

I've had a 610 mule for about 4 years. Not a speed demon, about 20 mph top end, but 20 through the timber is too fast. It's a workhorse too. Got a small enough footprint you can load it in the back of a full size truck & it fit between the wheel wells, but it's still big enough to haul 2 grown men comfortably. Parker & I have rode side by side many times. I'm not small & he's huge.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:31 PM   #6
Country

I'm really most interested in its utility, I don't need to win races with whatever I get, and I probably won't buy new, the price tag is just to high for me.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:31 PM   #7
hambone2008

i dont own but have rode in / drove several.... the rhino is ok.... not exactly the best in my opinion.... makes for a good work horse..... but if you want a good fun side by side.... the polaris ranger rzr is where its at.... great power/ speed goes anywhere does anything.... but not the great for hauling..... just my

Old 10-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
Meller

Liked 347 Times on 228 Posts
Likes Given: 347

Mule are good, hardworking I just dont like the upright bench seat, Rhino are ok but not real good for hard work, Polaris Ranger are kind in between in my opinion.

NOT a fan of the old john deer gators, They didnt have much power and low ground clearance.

Id say Mule or Ranger are good bets for a Working Machine

Old 10-20-2009, 05:39 PM   #9
Hannibal Bowhunter

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It depends on what you need it for. Work? Sport? How many people you want to carry? Versatility? I have a Kawasaki Mule 3010. It is a work machine, yet still fun to ride (especially for the kids). It is by no means a 'sporty' ATV. It is extremely versatile because it has 2 bench seats (Only Polaris Ranger also offers this) which seats 4- 6 people depending on size. The rear seat also lays down to dramatically increase the payload capacity when needed (Something the Polaris Ranger does not do). All in all it fit my needs well.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #10
pinwheel
Jenny's Lackey
MWT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1028 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 138

Quote:
I'm really most interested in its utility, I don't need to win races with whatever I get, and I probably won't buy new, the price tag is just to high for me.

610 mule is probably the cheapest name brand new machine you'll buy. Last I heard, the were under 7K for green or red. I bought mine to work with mainly. Pulled an 8' disc one summer. Worked 8 acres about 3 times. Has tow ability of 1000# & cargo capacity of 400# plus 2 riders.

Last winter, at the pheasant hunt, I was pulling a trailer behind it with 2 hunters in wheelchairs, had longbow on the trailer with them & 1 guy in bed. Myself, shedhead & his son were in the front. The only time we got stuck was when we high centered. It's a workhorse, that's for sure.