Missouri Whitetails > Gear, Gadgets & Gizmos > Guns & Ammo > Walmart ammo tracking sites

Old 04-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
Detrhoyt
Horny D

Liked 74 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 277

Default Walmart ammo tracking sites

Old 04-17-2013, 01:32 AM   #2
Droptine5

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Have not seen that yet but just checked it out thanks for sharing

Old 04-17-2013, 01:40 AM   #3
Muleskinner

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

And this is the problem.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:00 AM   #4
Detrhoyt
Horny D

Quote:
And this is the problem.

You got something you want to say or are you just going to drop hints? Buying ammo at non-panic prices is going to be a problem no matter what, might as well use these sites to your advantage. I live close to KC and the other night was the first time I'd been able to find 9mm at Walmart since December.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:04 AM   #5
buckwacker181
The Croatian Hillbilly

Liked 84 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 92

The problem is guys have made a job of using these sites to find ammo and resell it at a rediculous price on gun broker or armslist. As long as these morons keep paying 75$ for a brick of 22, these guys will keep doing it.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:23 AM   #6
Detrhoyt
Horny D

Quote:
The problem is guys have made a job of using these sites to find ammo and resell it at a rediculous price on gun broker or armslist. As long as these morons keep paying 75$ for a brick of 22, these guys will keep doing it.

Well, that's simple capitalism, which I thought was only a problem in communist countries.

I'll admit to putting a few .22 bricks on GB. I've also stashed a bunch away, sold some to friends at cost, and even donated one for a good cause. Way I see it, if I buy 3 bricks and auction off one of them, I essentially get the other 2 bricks for free. What kind of fool would pass up a deal like that?

Old 04-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #7
mdewitt71

I agree.........neat tool but, doesnt really help in the long run.

I was in a store a few weeks ago overheard a guy bragging that he found 22LR for sale in KC and bought a bunch. He then went on to tell people in WalMart, how he now has over 25,000 22LR rounds and to buy thru him at $60 a brick.
And we wonder where the ethics have gone in this country.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #8
pinwheel
Jenny's Lackey
MWT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 177 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:

I was in a store a few weeks ago overheard a guy bragging that he found 22LR for sale in KC and bought a bunch. He then went on to tell people in WalMart, how he now has over 25,000 22LR rounds and to buy thru him at $60 a brick.

It's always been this way in this country. Gotta take the good with the bad with capitalism. When supply catches up, it'll go back to normal, until then, ya just gotta pay the price, be vigilant about finding cheaper ammo, or do without. Time will fix this problem, just like it did in 2008.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #9
Detrhoyt
Horny D

Quote:
Quote:

It's always been this way in this country. Gotta take the good with the bad with capitalism. When supply catches up, it'll go back to normal, until then, ya just gotta pay the price, be vigilant about finding cheaper ammo, or do without. Time will fix this problem, just like it did in 2008.

100% agree. From my observations, the prices on Gunbroker have already peaked. Things aren't grinding to a halt by any means, but there are small signs that things may be cooling off.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #10
Hawk

Liked 739 Times on 429 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Quote:

The only difference I see in this situation is this... If this were true capitalism Walmart wouldnt be selling a low prices when the true market will bear much higher prices. If walmarts price was in line with gunbrokers price the prices in both places would drop and find an equilibrium. Why hasnt walmart adjusted their price??