You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Missouriwhitetails.com!    
Missouri Whitetails > Other Hunting Topics > Hog Hunting >

Hog Hunting Ban

Old 06-18-2017, 06:58 PM   #591
henry
Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Liked 7852 Times on 5235 Posts
Likes Given: 748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Im sure youre familiar with the book, but its under my pay grade....
If you can't afford it we can take up a collection for you. It would elevate your level of science education.

Attached Images
File Type: png not a pig.PNG (598.9 KB, 12 views)

Old 06-18-2017, 07:00 PM   #592
Hawk

Liked 4809 Times on 3506 Posts
Likes Given: 515

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry View Post
If you can't afford it we can take up a collection for you. It would elevate your level of science education.
Naww, im good, and in good company

Quote:
Originally Posted by rat View Post
Your statement cannot be correct or incorrect. It depends on what your definition of "related" is.
All mammals are related. But how closely?
Taxonomists will tell you that peccaries are not "true pigs" I think due to differences in dentition or something.

Its a semantic argument, as are most. Nobody is right here, nobody is wrong.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so. - Mark Twain

Many times Google tells us that what people THINK they experienced in a lifetime isn't actually true.

Why do some people think info on scrolls is somehow more accurate than a computer screen?

Old 06-18-2017, 07:11 PM   #593
henry

Quote:
Naww, im good, and in good company
I'm sure lots of people get by denying science and never realizing peccary aren't pigs. Most don't go around falsely correcting other people though. You really should read the book.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg attachment (1).jpg (103.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg attachment.jpg (178.0 KB, 12 views)

Old 06-18-2017, 07:31 PM   #594
Hawk

Quote:
I'm sure lots of people get by denying science and never realizing peccary aren't pigs. Most don't go around falsely correcting other people though. You really should read the book.
Still no science denial going on. Just one person that knows more about a subject than the other, and the other doesnt understand whats going on.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so. - Mark Twain

Many times Google tells us that what people THINK they experienced in a lifetime isn't actually true.

Why do some people think info on scrolls is somehow more accurate than a computer screen?

Old 06-18-2017, 07:49 PM   #595
henry

Quote:
Still no science denial going on. Just one person that knows more about a subject than the other, and the other doesnt understand whats going on.

Saying that hogs not being native to North America or Missouri is wrong is so wrong its the definition of either science ignorance or denial.

You really need to read the book. There's pictures and everything.
Attached Images
File Type: png not a pig.PNG (598.9 KB, 10 views)

Old 06-18-2017, 08:29 PM   #596
Hawk

Quote:
Saying that hogs not being native to North America or Missouri is wrong is so wrong its the definition of either science ignorance or denial.

You really need to read the book. There's pictures and everything.
Define "hogs"

Rat gets it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rat View Post
Your statement cannot be correct or incorrect. It depends on what your definition of "related" is.
All mammals are related. But how closely?
Taxonomists will tell you that peccaries are not "true pigs" I think due to differences in dentition or something.

Its a semantic argument, as are most. Nobody is right here, nobody is wrong.
I explained it perfectly...

Screenshot_20170604-084707.jpg

Old 06-18-2017, 08:51 PM   #597
henry

Quote:
Define "hogs"

Rat gets it...

I explained it perfectly...

Attachment 69205

You didn't explain it at all. The only thing you have shown in this thread is your willingness to deny and ignore science when it suits you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hawk saying thats wrong LOL.jpg (18.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg javelinas differences.jpg (41.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg attachment (1).jpg (103.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg attachment.jpg (178.0 KB, 10 views)

Old 06-18-2017, 09:50 PM   #598
Hawk

Quote:
You didn't explain it at all. The only thing you have shown in this thread is your willingness to deny and ignore science when it suits you.
At that point I didnt need or intend to. I just wanted to see what YOUR response would be. You responded as predicted even after I explained it.

Heres the deal.... you can sit here and argue as long as you want. Ill check in once and a while to see if/when you decide to answer the question and either acknowledge the scientific statements or if you still want to deny they are correct.

Here ya go...

Do you agree that science acknowledges a classification of animals known as "new world pigs"???

Yes or no?

Old 06-18-2017, 10:00 PM   #599
henry

Quote:
At that point I didnt need or intend to. I just wanted to see what YOUR response would be. You responded as predicted even after I explained it.

Heres the deal.... you can sit here and argue as long as you want. Ill check in once and a while to see if/when you decide to answer the question and either acknowledge the scientific statements or if you still want to deny they are correct.

Here ya go...

Do you agree that science acknowledges a classification of animals known as "new world pigs"???

Yes or no?

My reaction was what it should have been. Hawk corrects someone who stated a fact . The fact was pointed out and hawk began denying science. When faced with overwhelming agreement in the scientific community that hogs/pigs are not native to north American hawk went in to fill blown science denial and excuse mode.

He maintains that denial today . He really should read the book and look at the pictures. It might help.

Attached Images