You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Missouriwhitetails.com!    
Missouri Whitetails > Turkey > Turkey Hunting General >

Fuzzy math

Old Today, 01:23 AM   #791
henry
Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Liked 7881 Times on 5257 Posts
Likes Given: 755

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Its the same guy that has conducted trapping studies on one mile sections with no positive results, so I doubt hes laughing at me...

He must not be a very good coon trapper. How many did he catch ? Tell him to use strawberry jam in his cubby sets and he will probably have better turkey production.

Old Today, 01:57 AM   #792
Hawk

Liked 4820 Times on 3515 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry View Post
He must not be a very good coon trapper. How many did he catch ? Tell him to use strawberry jam in his cubby sets and he will probably have better turkey production.
You tell him. Evidently you know more than he does about studies, trapping, turkeys, etc....

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so. - Mark Twain

Many times Google tells us that what people THINK they experienced in a lifetime isn't actually true.

Why do some people think info on scrolls is somehow more accurate than a computer screen?

Old Today, 02:19 AM   #793
hazelvillebucks

Liked 265 Times on 225 Posts

THIS IS JUST ANOTHER ATTEMPT BY HAWK TO MAKE BIOLOGIST LOOK LIKE FOOLS.the smoking gun as pointed out in the historical chart of fur harvest with the population growth as documented in the annual bait station survey show what the variable is here that has risen. The effect of the increasing population density is shown in the historical record of hen to pout ratios .THE DATA BASE SHOWS THE STATE OF MISSOURI HAS HAD A FOUR FOLD INCREASE IN COON POPULATION SINCE 1989.i GUESS WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO DO THE 100 WAYS TO KNOW YOU HAVE A COON PROBLEM THREAD.
the point is where the coon population is way higher then it should be , all the other critters are losing out to the coon.SEVERAL PEOPLE HAVE TAKEN IT UPON THEMSELVES TO REVERSE THIS AND WE HAVE NOT SEEN ONE PERSON WHO DID NOT HAVE INSTANT AND SPECTACULAR SUCCESS. THE BIOLOGIST hawk is relying on number one has no measurement of coon density and number 2 he thus has no way of knowing whether what he removes is just a drop in the bucket.OR WHETHER THE POPULATION IS UNDER THE THRESHOLD.
the SCHUYLER COUNTY study is sit up the same way.WITHOUT A MEASUREMENT OF COON POPULATION DENSITY THEY KNOW NOTHING . iF THEY HAD GREAT SUCCESS AT THE REGULAR LEVEL THE COON POPULATION HAS TO BE LOWER.HAWK gave away his distortion when he kept saying non trapped area. We know what variable we have adjusted and have seen spectacular increases in the ability to hatch a egg, IN THE CASE OF MY FARM IT WOULD TAKE FUZZY MATH TO GET A PERCENT INCREASE AFTER 3 ZEROS.
The fake pictures show what he is. we have had zero bad weather certainly not enough to destroy all the poults. WHEN THE REAL NUMBERS COME OUT WE WILL BE ABLE TO COMPARE.

Old Today, 10:13 AM   #794
henry

Quote:
You tell him. Evidently you know more than he does about studies, trapping, turkeys, etc....

I wouldn't want to impose on you twos deep seated friendship. Just remember its a marshmallow and strawberry jam for cubby bait . Put a little dog food in front of the trap to entice and feed the mice. That's the combination the guys around here guided me to that led us to getting the 322 per square mile rate. Say hi to Mike and tell him not to give up,, keep trying.

Old Today, 12:04 PM   #795
Hawk

Quote:
I wouldn't want to impose on you twos deep seated friendship. Just remember its a marshmallow and strawberry jam for cubby bait . Put a little dog food in front of the trap to entice and feed the mice. That's the combination the guys around here guided me to that led us to getting the 322 per square mile rate. Say hi to Mike and tell him not to give up,, keep trying.
If you really think thats youre rate its obvious werr the issue is.

Given that type of math, we killed a 1280 per sq mile rate of turkeys of 1 farm last year.... Im sure thats accurate... LMAO

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so. - Mark Twain

Many times Google tells us that what people THINK they experienced in a lifetime isn't actually true.

Why do some people think info on scrolls is somehow more accurate than a computer screen?

Old Today, 12:25 PM   #796
henry

Quote:
If you really think thats youre rate its obvious werr the issue is.

Given that type of math, we killed a 1280 per sq mile rate of turkeys of 1 farm last year.... Im sure thats accurate... LMAO
Your not very good at math or you killed 320 turkeys on a 160 acre patch.

Old Today, 12:48 PM   #797
Hawk

Quote:
Your not very good at math or you killed 320 turkeys on a 160 acre patch.
Wrong.