You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Missouriwhitetails.com!    
Missouri Whitetails > Other Hunting Topics > Hog Hunting >

If We Can No Longer Hunt Feral Hogs in Missouri?

Old 04-21-2017, 01:52 AM   #381
hazelvillebucks

Liked 264 Times on 224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry View Post
Sounds like they got them cleaned up before they converted completely to wild.
I AM OF COURSE NO EXPERT BUT I WOULD THINK OLD spot WOULD HAVE A LONGER JOURNEY TO BECOME A TRUE WILD HOG THEN SOME OF THE breeds being sold. SOME OF THEM SEEM ONLY TAME BECAUSE MAN IS FEEDING HIM. Now we have the barn oigs breed to never touch the earth, and breed to have such large hams that there hips break if a tree falls in the woods. When you consider that these pigs are engineered to never Breed they might be the solution to the problem.
instead of beating there brains out keeping hunters from doing what hunters to. And wasting the public money on trapping that will fail maybe they should enhance those sounders with some poor survival genetics. Maybe the department of ag should be releasing some of those Frankenstein,s. water now the survival part of the gene pool.
I AM TO TIRED TO GET BACK INTO THIS EPIC THREAD FAR ENOUGH TO SEE WHERE THE ARGUMENT ABOUT POPULATIONS GROWING AT 21 PERCENT PER YEAR HAD ITS GENESIS. BUT I THINK THE TRUE FIGURE MIGHT MORE LIKELY BE 21 PERCENT PER MONTH.

Old 04-21-2017, 01:58 AM   #382
hazelvillebucks

Liked 264 Times on 224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Insults are a sure sign of weak arguments.

You act as if I didnt know about the model previously.... I did. Ive referenced it here several times before you made your incorrect statements about it.

3 models have been built using all types of data. Yes, they have trapped pigs out of known population size and tracked increases... the exact thing you claim they didnt do. Obviously not all 21 studies did that, but enough did that its valid. Plus, this was done around 6 years ago so they have tested it and found it valid on known population sizes.

Our production is most likely higher than their ranges due to better habitat. Thats what Billy told us. Is it 100% certain it is? No, but its likely about 99% certain its not lower. Again, you can cling to that 1% possibility, but odds are its not gonna happen. And, keep in mind, 70% is ONLY TO KEEP THE POPULATION STEADY. Nor decrease it.

Again, they trapped hogs from known populations. Some of the 21 did that. There is no stupid in that statement. If there were you would have already provided the evidence that leads you to believe they DIDNT, and we are still waiting for that.....:thumbup::thumbup:
before i was skeptical of the plan to achieve its mission. THAT WAS BEFORE I HEAD SOMETHING ABOUT THREE MODELS. WE ARE IN TROUBLE NOW.

Old 04-21-2017, 01:59 AM   #383
Hawk

Liked 4809 Times on 3506 Posts
Likes Given: 515

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw84 View Post
Do you two ever get tired of this same old cr@p ?
Yes. I was tired of it a week ago... but getting people the correct info is to important to let go.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so. - Mark Twain

Many times Google tells us that what people THINK they experienced in a lifetime isn't actually true.

Why do some people think info on scrolls is somehow more accurate than a computer screen?

Old 04-21-2017, 09:25 AM   #384
henry
Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Liked 7866 Times on 5245 Posts
Likes Given: 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Yes. I was tired of it a week ago... but getting people the correct info is to important to let go.

Old 04-21-2017, 01:05 PM   #385
Hawk

Liked 4809 Times on 3506 Posts
Likes Given: 515

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry View Post
:thumbup:

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so. - Mark Twain

Many times Google tells us that what people THINK they experienced in a lifetime isn't actually true.

Why do some people think info on scrolls is somehow more accurate than a computer screen?

Old 04-21-2017, 05:03 PM   #386
oneshot 1

Liked 930 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 3

A Feral Sow will find a place out of the wind, make a Nest in Leaves, Cover up best she can. Babies will be nice and warm.

Same during the Summer. She will cover with Weeds and Grass. Unless you are really watching you could walk up on her and be in serious trouble.

oneshot

The Big Grin isn't scared.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:00 PM   #387
WBF
Wolf Brook Farms

Liked 1845 Times on 1363 Posts
Likes Given: 5683

OneShot:
How do you normally hunt hogs? Look for sign and basically stay out over the freshest sign. Or do you spot and stalk them?
Bait them ? I've never seen them hunted other than with dogs.....

Old 04-21-2017, 10:11 PM   #388
oneshot 1

Liked 930 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBF View Post
OneShot:
How do you normally hunt hogs? Look for sign and basically stay out over the freshest sign. Or do you spot and stalk them?
Bait them ? I've never seen them hunted other than with dogs.....
Bait and use Electronic Caller.

If We Can No Longer Hunt Feral Hogs in Missouri? - Hog Hunting

If We Can No Longer Hunt Feral Hogs in Missouri? - Hog Hunting

oneshot

the Big Grin likes Corn.