You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Missouriwhitetails.com!    
Missouri Whitetails > Whitetail Hunting....... > Whitetails General >

No additional CWD found.... Per MDC

Old 04-21-2017, 03:16 PM   #31
henry
Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Liked 7520 Times on 5006 Posts
Likes Given: 672

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutbackBio View Post
I think we are missing the point, 9 positives and in new locations sucks!
Massive shat sandwich.....

If there is a positive message from it , it's that with mandatory testing and more samples than ever out of Macon county there were only 2 positives there. The sacrifices the people in that core zone have made have helped a lot of other people .

Old 04-21-2017, 04:21 PM   #32
Slicktrick47

Liked 240 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 264

I had a meeting with Barb last Monday. She is really good to work with. My meeting got cut short from a call from my Dr. I had to get some more tests done asap. I had a kidney transplant in Jan. and my blood tests were somewhat off. Went to the hospital overnight and received IV solutions and it looks like it cleared the problem.
I will be meeting with Barb again as soon as we can get together. I want to get more data on the trapping and reproduction/movement study. Will post when I can.

Old 04-21-2017, 04:25 PM   #33
henry

Keep us updated Mark. Glad they got that bump in the road straightened out.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:08 PM   #34
WBF
Wolf Brook Farms

Liked 1800 Times on 1333 Posts
Likes Given: 5542

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry View Post
The Mdc puts out a list every year. Every deer you test saves the life of a deer if your area winds up falling in an area that needs a sample size of a given number because a positive shows up. Thanks to the mandatory testing several areas were saved deer last season. Had more people tested voluntarily it could have prevented any additional harvesting for samples.
Can you pull the lymph nodes yourself and drop them off? Or do you have to take the entire deer or just head/neck and MDC removes lymph nodes??
beanpile Likes This 
Old 04-21-2017, 09:11 PM   #35
henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBF View Post
Can you pull the lymph nodes yourself and drop them off? Or do you have to take the entire deer or just head/neck and MDC removes lymph nodes??

That's a question I have never heard them asked. Might not hurt to ask the Mdc in their topic.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:41 PM   #36
OutbackBio

Liked 3207 Times on 2104 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBF View Post

My experience has been they prefer to have someone trained pull the samples. Some deer can be tricky. You could take a head and neck in for samples. The lymph nodes they usually sample are just back farm the jaw line so a bit of neck would give you plenty to work with. Needs to be fresh though. Just my thoughts

Old 04-21-2017, 11:41 PM   #37
OutbackBio

Liked 3207 Times on 2104 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
If there is a positive message from it , it's that with mandatory testing and more samples than ever out of Macon county there were only 2 positives there. The sacrifices the people in that core zone have made have helped a lot of other people .

Yep!

Old 04-22-2017, 01:44 AM   #38
hazelvillebucks

Liked 243 Times on 204 Posts

Quote:
It's the way its always been. People have just been shooting themselves in the foot by not cooperating.
MAYBE it is maybe not . I DID ASK TOM DRAPER and he said tested animals would count as the additional samples.Tom also told me MDC is a independent organization that is not taking marching orders from the feds. That is a important thing to not punish those doing the right thing and trying to get animals tested.
Maybe If he heard from others enough, we could start collecting others samples that could help in figuring out cwd. WE HAVE TO HAVE A REAL SOLUTION OR AT LEAST COLLECTING THE EVIDENCE THAT MIGHT HELP FIND A SOLUTION PLAN.

Old 04-22-2017, 01:48 AM   #39
hazelvillebucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
What if I get me a cow....can I put out salt...and other special ingredients for it?
it don,t have to be a cow, it could be a pig. DANG I THINK YOU HAVE FOUND OUT WHY GOOD PEOPLE WOULD TURN HOGS LOOSE.

Old 04-22-2017, 02:02 AM   #40
hazelvillebucks

Quote:
I can't agree with the double edge sword analogy.

If it's there testing is taking place. Road kill ,, random at processors and taxidermists as well as the few people who either just care or don't want to eat an infected animal. When one of those show up positive near you any animal you didn't have tested could have to be replaced by killing another out of season.

Hunters need to realize this and get deer tested.
It really goes back to the voluntary testing of pen deer. with a taxidermist just like roadside or at a meet processor with testing not mandatory one can choose not to have theirs sampled.
i am not going to feed one to my family that is not tested. I AM NOT GOING TO DONATE A DEER THAT IS NOT TESTED AND NO ADDITIONAL SAMPLES TAKEN OUTSIDE OF FAIR CHASE HUNTING SEASONS WILL BE taken FROM MY FARM.
THERE IS A DOUBLE EDGE SWORD INVOLVED BUT DOING THE RIGHT THING is the right thing to do. Even more right would be to present the deer so every sample that might help figure out cwd could be taken. We have to do more then just document the destruction of a precious resource.