You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Missouriwhitetails.com!    
Missouri Whitetails > Ask The MDC > (MDC) All other hunting related questions...... >

Use of Archery Tags during Rifle season?

Old 07-04-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
deerdown

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Default Use of Archery Tags during Rifle season?

Has there been any discussion about continuing to hunt on your archery tag during rifle season? I know there are states that allow you to continue to archery hunt on your archery permit, as long as you wear orange during the rifle season.

Be a nice change regulation change. Topic ever discussed at the MDC?

Old 07-05-2017, 04:34 PM   #2
Maconplc

Liked 99 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I am not included in all the discussions so I do not know what is being brought up but in what makes it out to my level, there's been no talk of keeping archery season open through November rifle season. If you want you could go to the MDC website and leave a comment saying you'd like to see it. In order to get a little more traction, I'd include the reasons you think it would be a good change.

I'm sure you are aware of it but to try and address the question on some peoples' minds, you can hunt with archery equipment on a firearms tag. Archery tags are only valid during archery season, which is closed during the November portion of the rifle season.