You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Missouriwhitetails.com!    
Missouri Whitetails > Whitetail Hunting....... > Hunting With A Disability >

I'd like to say "thank you" to an MDC officer

Old 06-04-2017, 03:57 AM   #1
Hunderdave
Hunter Dave

Liked 9 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default I'd like to say "thank you" to an MDC officer

I wish I would've gotten his name, but before I had a private land lease, I used to hunt the Ralph and Martha Parry CA. A few years ago, a buddy of mine that struggles with muscular problems, came to hunt with me. I went out and set up a blind for him and on opening morning, I decided it best to drive him out to the blind. The blind was as close as I could get it to the parking area road, without violating regulations, but it still would have been a difficult walk for my buddy.

As I was about to pull on to the tractor path, an MDC officer stopped and of course, asked what I was doing. He said that even though my buddy was handicapped, I still couldn't drive on the path. However, as a gesture of kindness, the MDC officer drove my buddy to his blind and even helped him get situated. He gave us his cell phone number and told us to call him when my buddy was ready to come back for the day and he would come back and give him a ride back to my truck.

Hats off to that officer, whatever his name is. And thank you.

People Like This 
Old 06-04-2017, 04:13 AM   #2
Pastor

Liked 716 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 132

Good stuff!

At age 7 I gave my life to Christ and I have never regretted that decision. He is my guid, my hope, and my Savoir. If you dont know what will happen when you die then send my a u2u and I would be happy to share with you the truth of the Gospel. To live is Christ and to die is gain.
God Bless.

Old 06-04-2017, 04:42 AM   #3
Mailman

Liked 5865 Times on 3755 Posts
Likes Given: 1982

They are human too and have hearts like most of us do.

Old 06-04-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
henry
Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Liked 7852 Times on 5235 Posts
Likes Given: 748

Most of our conservation agents are great people. Thanks for sharing a good story.

Old 06-04-2017, 03:37 PM   #5
MAJORTOM

Liked 461 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 843

While coming out of area deep in a conservation area I ran onto the CA. Although I hadn't gotten anything, as far back as I was hunting he said if I got one he said to call him and he would help to recover any deer I got. Good people!