You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Missouriwhitetails.com!    
Missouri Whitetails > Community Forum > Sports Talk >

Welcome Coach Martin and Coach Porter

Old 03-16-2017, 02:47 PM   #11
bajabill
BDR529

Liked 2302 Times on 1553 Posts
Likes Given: 1035

not the first time a coach arrived amidst fanfare and high expectations. I am not celebrating potential and hope, I will wait and see, and keep my hope and expectations quietly.

public service announcement - http://copymatter.com/embracing-brevity/

Old 03-24-2017, 09:56 PM   #12
Hawk

Liked 4688 Times on 3414 Posts
Likes Given: 485

Welcome Coach Martin and Coach Porter - Sports Talk

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so. - Mark Twain
90acres Likes This 
Old 03-24-2017, 11:35 PM   #13
hazelvillebucks

Liked 239 Times on 201 Posts

I see we have new coaches and a new A.D. The director was the problem. With all of that money flying around it seems to me that the kids on the teams ough to spit what the average coach / A D get.
i GUESS IT MUST BE UN AMERICAN FOR THOSE WHO DO THE WORK TO GET ANYTHING

Old 03-25-2017, 12:40 PM   #14
DonJuan

Liked 237 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Hmmm, I wonder if our local recruit marcedus leech will sway away from kansas, and stay a little closer to Mizzou now with the new changes.

<---ILLMO OUTLAWZ--->
WHACK'EM 'N STACK'EM
>>>-------><-------<<<

Old 03-25-2017, 03:11 PM   #15
90acres

Liked 1261 Times on 755 Posts
Likes Given: 2445

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelvillebucks View Post
I see we have new coaches and a new A.D. The director was the problem. With all of that money flying around it seems to me that the kids on the teams ough to spit what the average coach / A D get.
i GUESS IT MUST BE UN AMERICAN FOR THOSE WHO DO THE WORK TO GET ANYTHING
They play a sport and get a full ride, tutors, and lots of perks. That's enough pay. Do academic scholars at a school get paid for the things they accomplish on behalf of the school? Is MJP worth more than the fella riding the bench? Are we going to pay each one their worth? We already know top recruits get booster money, you want them to have more?
PoisonSnake Likes This 
Old 03-25-2017, 03:31 PM   #16
Keef

Liked 602 Times on 304 Posts
Likes Given: 110

I dare say for the majority of the potential superstars, college is something they have to endure long enough to be eligible to play the pros. Most don't graduate and rarely are they scholastic honors students. College sports has become big business and is a very small part of the dumbing down of America. It would be better to just pay them a salary and let the scholarships go to academics. I know that won't happen.

Old 03-25-2017, 05:55 PM   #17
hazelvillebucks

Liked 239 Times on 201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90acres View Post
They play a sport and get a full ride, tutors, and lots of perks. That's enough pay. Do academic scholars at a school get paid for the things they accomplish on behalf of the school? Is MJP worth more than the fella riding the bench? Are we going to pay each one their worth? We already know top recruits get booster money, you want them to have more?
Level the playing field , few of them will go to the next level.Some will end up with long term physical injury.
Most are playing a game they love but even with tutoring the commitment to the sports has to reduce what they could achieve academically.
Is not the under the table booster monies more sign of the corruption.Level the playing field, even the best coach can not do them right in life lessons in a corrupt system where those who perform get the screw.
Level the playing field where sport is sport where everyone is on the same level.
The same thing does exist in the academic realm to. The same things occurs in the academic realm to.The graduate assistants provide the brain power , the mentors and the system reaps the reward.
The result is a corrupt system that is watching out for itself , perpetrating the system over knowledge and learning. It does effect the rest of us , this is what leads to everything prion in the search for answers on cwd.
Science is the search for truth, when it limits the possibilities it does us no favor.

Old 03-25-2017, 06:04 PM   #18
Gamegetter
Administrator
MWT_ADMIN.png

Liked 1310 Times on 832 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Send a message via AIM to Gamegetter

I want to welcome everyone to M Porter U. The crystal ball shows a lot of people in the stands watching men's basketball again and a real chance for a 20 win season.

My favorite thing to wear in the spring is a boss gobbler "shawl" draped over my shoulder.