You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Missouriwhitetails.com!    
Missouri Whitetails > Whitetail Hunting....... > Hunting With A Disability >

Have You Ever Thought About Giving Up?

Old 10-08-2014, 10:03 PM   #31
67Firebird
Chicken Man

Liked 342 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 648

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbio View Post
I hope to see you back over there some day!!!!

Thank you. I would like that too.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:59 AM   #32
Omgw

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have recently become disabled and am so thankful I have a hunting buddy that helps. His attitude is it ain't hunting without your friends.

Chairman Likes This 
Old 03-14-2017, 01:03 AM   #33
Tracer2

Liked 7 Times on 1 Posts

Oneshot1, Yes indeed I have thought about cashing in all my chips on more than one occasion. Years ago I went in the hole (fall from above) on a construction sight. My back was broke and several other bones too. I was out for a couple of days in the hospital. My brain was becoming enlarged from hitting my head.The Dr's a few weeks later, said I would not walk again or do the things I was used to doing. No horse back (roping calves) riding, running down the hi way on the motorcycle, playing golf, riding a bike in the park, walking in the park with my wife etc. I had internal problems as well after dropping down 5 floors...

I had several operations, none really did the job of returning my mobility like it once was etc. The pain was sometimes 24/7, now comes the "pills" from the various doctors. I took those for 4 years and develop problems with my stomach and bowels. I was almost like a ZOMBIE, felt no pain but it would come back 4 to 6 hours later and then more pills. I guess you got the picture!

Now I was never a religious person in the past but a friend of mine, name of Bill Pearl told me to dump those 11 types of medication down the toilet and get a bible and start reading it. NO there were no miracles at first but as time went on I could do more and more everyday. I can say that reading that book, kept me from blowing my brains to heaven and back and made me realize that I have more to live for, that being our kids and my wife.

Jesus Christ helps all those who knock on his door. One must also be patient, The Almight Lord works on his time frame not ours. It won't happen over night however he will never leave you in the dark or alone. I am now a great believer in the power of prayer!
People Like This 
Old 03-14-2017, 03:59 PM   #34
10er

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I've had to change my hunting style since my accident 4 years ago. I still get out, and will do so more in the future. What has helped me deal with it is staying involved as much as I can.

Every camp needs a chief cook and bottle washer and it's highly appreciated by your fellow hunters.

Keep a good aerial map on hand so you can keep up where everyone is.

I get enjoyment out of everyone else's success, especially the young people.

Because of your hunting experience you will always be the sounding board for anyone needing advice.

You'll be in camp so if you feel like hunting you're ready to go!

I know chronic pain makes it difficult to enjoy a lot of things but staying involved might help keep your mind off it, even for a little while.

Keep up the good fight!
People Like This 
Old 03-14-2017, 07:58 PM   #35
oneshot 1

Liked 914 Times on 692 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Wow did this Thread couple years ago. My Doctor has me Working out in the Gym. Hurts like all get out but not as bad as it did.

Got back to where I'm going just have to watch how much I go. As of now still go hunting and fishing just have to watch it.

oneshot

The Big Grin runs circles around him.