You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Missouriwhitetails.com!    
Missouri Whitetails > Whitetail Hunting....... > Missouri Outdoor News >

Black Mountain Lion ? NWMO House cat?

Old 02-14-2017, 09:50 PM   #21
MOGC

Liked 416 Times on 241 Posts
Likes Given: 139

You said they killed a black color phase jaguar. The deputy actually shot a declawed leopard that was either a released or escaped pet. A different thing because leopards are an African species and this one was obviously an imported domesticated animal. However, jaguars are native to the America's and home ranges have been documented across the United States from east Texas through California. Maybe as far north as Colorado in the west. A true wild jaguar (not a released/escaped captive animal) in southern Missouri would be HUGE news.

Old 02-15-2017, 01:43 AM   #22
thwackaddict

Liked 208 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOGC View Post
You said they killed a black color phase jaguar. The deputy actually shot a declawed leopard that was either a released or escaped pet. A different thing because leopards are an African species and this one was obviously an imported domesticated animal. However, jaguars are native to the America's and home ranges have been documented across the United States from east Texas through California. Maybe as far north as Colorado in the west. A true wild jaguar (not a released/escaped captive animal) in southern Missouri would be HUGE news.
So even if it were a non declawed young jaguar it could still be someone's pet.

Both species a simple recessive gene causes it so breed two blacks you get a black. Rumor has the black panthers are fond of black panthers. Drug dealers too.

Old 02-15-2017, 10:04 AM   #23
henry
Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Liked 7085 Times on 4744 Posts
Likes Given: 623

I just wish people would let me see a regular old normal colored mountain lion in Missouri before they have me looking for a black one too. This is as cruel as telling rat that we have abdominal snow men in Missouri as well as the bigfoots he is looking for. Mean,, just mean.

Its probably the duckers fault.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:45 PM   #24
Clucker

Liked 511 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 1007

There were some prints found and several sighting of a cat around Hillsboro the last few weeks.

R.I.P Jig dog
2000-2016

Old 02-15-2017, 01:12 PM   #25
thwackaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry View Post
I just wish people would let me see a regular old normal colored mountain lion in Missouri before they have me looking for a black one too. This is as cruel as telling rat that we have abdominal snow men in Missouri as well as the bigfoots he is looking for. Mean,, just mean.
I sometimes think it is a curse to have seen them.

Old 02-15-2017, 01:15 PM   #26
henry
Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Liked 7085 Times on 4744 Posts
Likes Given: 623

Quote:
Originally Posted by thwackaddict View Post
I sometimes think it is a curse to have seen them.
Me too. I see bigfeets all the time while rat struggles constantly trying to see his first one. It often leaves me riddled with feelings of guilt.

Its probably the duckers fault.
MOGC Likes This 
Old 02-17-2017, 01:20 PM   #27
thwackaddict

Finally found a picture of the kitty cat.

I know at the time there was also a video of the incident. Several of us cat "experts" were thinking in the video it looked more like a jag than a leopard, and the articles about also mention that it was undetermined at the time(jag or leopard) so that is why I had it stuck in my head that it was a jag not a leopard.

Any way I bet the officer that arrived at the scene had one of his biggest adrenaline rushes of his life as it charged him several times and he had to shoot it several times to get it put down. Hope he used the rest room before he responded to the call.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MO black panther shot 5-22-08 pic only.jpg (18.7 KB, 34 views)